Purpose of this Paper
- Describe the nature of conflict in teams
- Define types of conflict and describe how each manifests in a team
- Identify reasons why team members struggle with conflict
- Describe how a team leader can manage conflict within the team
- Summarize my key learning, with recommendation for an intervention that may work in a group conflict situation
It is commonplace for organizations today to work in teams. Whether they be leader-driven teams or self-directed teams; the hope is that productivity, creativity, and results will be greater in a team environment. While this is a proven approach, any time you bring together people from differing backgrounds and experiences, it is inevitable that conflict will occur.