Being a leader is hard. You are directly responsible for delivering results through people—your employees—whose engagement and productivity you are also responsible for. Yet, those people are often less than rational and who, as a group, are insatiable. All causes for you to be stressed and less than rational yourself!
First among the myriad things a leader must master, is maintain a clear focus, composure, and strong ego-management. We call that self-mastery. The hundreds of expensive leadership development programs that abound miss this crucial emphasis. In our Leadership and Self-Mastery program that is just what you will get!
Two Separate Programs
- In-person in Your City
- Online Wherever You Are
Leadership and Self-Mastery Intensives include three critical dimensions missed by typical leadership development programs.
- Continuous practice and support: Learning is deeply embedded by examining long-held beliefs and consistently practicing more effective beliefs and behaviors throughout the ten months of the program. Both are reinforced by the support of the cohort of learners and the facilitators.
- Learning from the inside out: Unlearning behaviors from old beliefs starts with identifying patterns that undermine productive thoughts and emotions. Modification of these behaviors allow us to impact others as we intend. This inside-out process also promotes learning that lasts.
- Applied learning and feedback: You will immediately be able to apply new knowledge and skills to the challenges of your workplace.
Team Tip #1: Be sure that consensus decision-making does not become a unanimous, time-consuming process.
Click to apply for the pilot of Creating Great Teams and Organizations. Enrollment is limited to only 12 participants!
How the Intensives and Its Nine Principles of Self-Mastery Will Impact You!
- Conscious Use of Self, the Path to Self-Mastery: Consciously choose to switch off automatic and unproductive energy-sponging behaviors like worrying, complaining, blaming, and fighting. Learn how to make conscious choices that have the influence and impact that you desire.
- Building Agreements for Success: Develop explicit agreements that clarify expectations, avoid upsets, and establish accountability. You will learn how to negotiate the three most important areas where agreements are needed most to avoid misunderstanding.
- Shaping Human Systems: A human system is any group of people that impact each other such as teams and organizations. Typically, the norms and culture of human systems shape the behavior of its members. You will learn to how to shape those norms and cultures rather be shaped by them.
- Getting the Support You Need to Succeed: You will learn to develop critical mass of support needed to accomplish your goals. You will also need such support to maintain your self-mastery.
- Sound and Current Data: We automatically presuppose that our assumptions, interpretations, and judgements are correct, and they often are. However, when they are not, unnecessary problems can disrupt your leadership. You will learn the value of being curious—the antidote to assumptions.
- Making Feedback Work: Do you cringe when someone says to you, “May I give you some feedback?” Practice new ways to receive feedback without upset and how to give feedback to greatest effect.
- Resolving Conflict and Power Struggles: Control-oriented win/lose power dynamics are ubiquitous and a tremendous waste of personal and organizational energy. Learn to shift to a more productive and creative perspective.
- Learning from Differences: We automatically use many differences to establish who’s right and who’s wrong, who wins and who loses. You will learn instead to use differences for learning, synergy, and creativity.
- Empowerment: Learn how to support others to do all of the above.