The Six Core Interventions that will turn the most troublesome team toward high performance.
- Curiosity and Data Gathering: How to use the skills of curiosity and inquiry as powerful tools for diagnosing teams and other human systems
- Creating Possibility: How to generate visions that stimulate positive energy rather than focusing solely on solving problems
- Building Agreements: How to create buy-in through collaborative contracting
- Resolving Conflicts: How to turn conflicts into learning and synergy
- Establishing Accountability: How to establish clear accountability and clear consequences for sustainable change
- Completion: How to let go of what is to get to what isn’t
Creating Great Teams and Organizations is modeled after the enormously successful Triple Impact Intensive developed by Edith and Charles Seashore and yours truly Michael Broom at the Johns Hopkins University. It has been utilized by…
- The Army and Navy to support the merger of their two national medical centers into a combined center. That took some doing!
- W. L. Gore & Associates of GoreTex fame to train several hundred of their leaders.
- NASA’s Ames Research Center to support its Human Resources Department become a high performing team.
Team Tip #3: Do not accept silence as consent. Often it mean quite opposite. Be curious and inquire about the silence instead.
Create Real Behavior Change with Powerful and Engaging Learning Technologies
One week a month, the four 1.5 hour online classes will consist of…
- Experiential exercises that call for introspection as well as interaction to give participants much more than just a conceptual understanding
- Practice sessions applying learnings to participants’ situations
- Supportive small group discussions
- Instructor-led deep, interactive conversations
- Only 9 to 12 participants in each program to ensure depth of learning
Between online weeks there are…
- One-on-one, individual coaching with the instructor to assist participants in understanding themselves and how to apply learnings to their particular situations.
- Daily reminders of learnings through our interactive smart phone program “Sticky Learning.”
- Scheduled conversations with other participants where conceptual and application support is given and received
- Participant-selected homework to apply learnings
Certificate in Human Systems Engineering
Upon completion of the Great Teams and Organizations Intensive you will receive a Certificate in Human Systems Engineering: Level One. For more information contact Dr. Broom at michael@CHumanS.com.
Details and Tuition
- One week a month over ten months starting September 4 – 7, 2018, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. See all dates below.
- Each of the eight weeks will have four online meetings (Tuesday through Friday)
- Each online meetings will be 1 1/2 hours from 9am to 10:30 PT / 12pm to 1:30pm ET. Each cohort can negotiate these time frames.
Online. You will need a computer with an internet connection, video cam, speakers, and microphone.
$900.00 for the initial pilot program. Tuition will be $2400 for subsequent programs.
A minimum $400 non-refundable deposit is due when you register. The balance is due two weeks prior to the first session.
- $1500.00 automatic discount for the pilot program. Once your application has been accepted, you will receive by email payment instructions.
- $450.00 additional discount for alumni of the Triple Impact Intensive or the Practitioners Program. Send Michael an email to get the discount!
Maximum 12 participants
The $400 deposit is not refundable. Tuition is not refundable after the first session has been completed.
Apply today for the Creating Great Teams & Organizations Intensive starting on Tuesday September 4, 2018 at 9am PT/12pm ET
Schedule of Topics
|Topic of the Month||Days|
|September||Overiew||4, 5, 6, 7|
|October||Conscious Use of Self||2, 3, 4, 5|
|November||Human Systems||6, 7, 8, 9|
|December||Support Systems||4, 5, 6, 7|
|January||Sound and Current Data||8, 9, 10, 11|
|February||Feedback||5, 6, 7, 8|
|March||Infinite Power||5, 6, 7, 8|
|April||Learning from Differences||2, 3, 4, 5|
|May||Group Applications||7, 8. 9, 10|
|June||Completion||4, 5, 6, 7|
For a shareable one page PDF describing the program click here! Creating Create Teams & Organizations Flier
Subscribe to the Center for Human Systems Newsletter
[We promise not to sell your email address.]