Three Paths to powerful Leadership
- Are you tired of meetings that are a waste of time?
- Do often feel that you have to make things work all by yourself?
- Are you disappointed when your people don’t do what you expect them to?
If you look at the world’s most successful organizations, what is the one thing they all have in common?
As the leader, the buck stops with you. It’s your job to get your team on board and deliver results. An effective leader has the ability to motivate people…in the best and worst of circumstances… in pursuit of a common goal. And, let’s be honest…this isn’t easy.
There’s the challenge of managing difficult ‘personalities,’…
- …handling the stress of constant demands…
- …and keeping your own health and well-being in check.
But, to win in leadership . . . you must master it all!
And, that starts with mastering yourself!
Self-mastery in the critical component of leadership. That is what you will learn in our Leadership & Self-Mastery program.
Unlike other leadership and development courses that cost a fortune and lack this essential element, our Leadership and Self-Mastery Program teaches the skills you need to build powerful and motivated teams that eagerly follows your lead.
Leaders from dozens of high profile organizations have put their people through this course . . . including Google, Pfizer, Johns Hopkins, and Educational Testing Service (ETS) . . . to name just a few . . . and numerous non-profit organizations. In addition, units of National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), the United States Army Medical Services and W.L. Gore & Associates (the makers of Gore-Tex) have brought the program in-house to develop their leaders..
It will work for you, too. As an organizational psychologist, I have more than 40 years experience and a proven track record of helping large and small organizations improve their productivity and leadership skills. This information is tested and proven.
The Leadership and Self-Mastery programs are for leaders—whether you’re called that or not. And it’s for those people who help leaders develop. It’s about mastering the behaviors, practices and disciplines of leadership.
Three Paths to Self-Mastery for Leaders and Change Practitioners
- Self-paced Leadership and Self-Mastery courses for individuals. Nine courses each with two to four 20 to 30 minute modules featuring videos with exercises. Dr. Broom is available via dedicated community forum.
- Online Leadership and Self-Mastery Intensive Programs: Cohorts meet online as a powerful and supportive community with Dr. Broom for transformative concepts and application eight hours a month for ten months. This is ideal for virtual teams and groups.
- In-person Leadership and Self-Mastery Intensive Programs: Cohorts meet in-person as a powerful and supportive community with Dr. Broom for transformative concepts and application a full day a month for ten months. This is the most potent of the three experiences.
These programs include two critical dimensions missed by typical leadership development programs.
- Learning from the inside out: Unlearning behaviors from old, no-longer-useful beliefs starts on the inside through introspection of patterns that undermine productive thoughts and emotions. Modification of these behaviors allow us to impact others (on the outside) as we intend.This inside-out process also promotes learning that lasts.
- Applied learning and feedback: The concepts learned can be immediately applied to participants individual situations. They will discover new ways of applying their capabilities to the challenges of their workplace. Follow-up with discussions with of what worked and what didn’t is needed to fine-tune effectiveness.
The Nine Disciplines and What You Will Learn!
1. Conscious Use of Self, the Path to Self-Mastery
This course sets the stage for all of the other courses. Effective leaders must consciously choose to switch off automatic and unproductive energy-sponging behaviors like worrying, complaining, blaming, and fighting. You will learn the key choices needed to consciously 1) align your impact with your intentions, 2) connect effectively with others, 3) and manage your ego.
2. Shaping Human Systems
Teams are the fundamental unit of organizations. Yet, research shows that 75% of teams are dysfunctional. The secret sauce to making teams work–a core task of leaders–is understanding that they are human systems. We don’t notice how teams and other human systems shape our behavior often against our better judgment. In this course, you will learn how to mold human systems rather than be molded by them. An important course!
3. Getting the Support You Need to Succeed:
You will learn to develop the critical mass of support needed to accomplish the goals that all leaders have. You will also learn to develop a personal support system to maintain your self-mastery.
4. Building Agreements for Success:
Leaders depend on others for their success. You will learn to develop explicit agreements that clarify expectations, establish accountability, and avoid upsets. The three areas where explicit agreements are most needed to avoid miscommunications and misunderstanding will be emphasized.
5. Sound and Current Data:
We automatically presuppose that our assumptions, interpretations, and judgements are correct. And, they often are. However, when they are not, off-target decisions and other unnecessary problems can disrupt your leadership. You will learn to be curious—the antidote to assumptions and the foundation of good decision-making.
6. Making Feedback Work:
People cringe when someone says, “May I give you some feedback?” Giving and getting feedback are trials of fire in many teams and organizations. Yet, without good feedback we lose our way. You will learn how to receive feedback with aplomb, how to give feedback it so that it is heard and establish feedback loops that will keep you and your human systems on target.
7. Transforming Power Dynamics:
Power struggles and other win/lose dynamics are the enemies of all leaders. They waste productivity, destroy creativity, and ruin relationships. In this potent course, you will learn to turn such dynamics into the collaborative, energy-producing synergy that are the hallmarks of powerful teams and organizations.
8. Learning from Differences:
Our egos use differences to instigate win/lose power dynamics–that enemy of leaders. Learn how to master your ego and take best advantage of the fact that differences are the only source of learning we have. Learning from differences is the necessary path to the innovation and creativity that leaders need in their teams and other human systems.
In our final course, you will learn how to support your followers to toward actualizing their conscious use of self as you have. Imagine the potency and pleasure of leading followers and employees who have learned from you the power of conscious, intentional, and deliberate choice-making!
Sign-up today for one of these three powerful programs and become the leader you want to be!